Hello! Welcome to our class blog. I am Mrs. Doretta Lambert and I wanted to share a little about myself.
I have taught third grade, fourth grade, and kindergarten for 22 years. I attended Rocky Mountain College and received my B.S. in Education degree at Eastern Montana College (now Montana State University at Billings). In 2004 I received my Masters in Education degree through Montana State University.
I grew up in Montana, attended Billings schools, graduated from West High, and taught for six years in New Mexico. I am the mother of seven children and the grandmother of five. Being a grandmother has brought me such joy. My two oldest grandchildren are both three years old. The other three were born this year, one in January and two in June. Yes, the two are twin boys--born in Germany. So, of course, guess where I spent my whole summer?
My hobbies include music, sewing, quilting, reading and writing. Last year I added a new hobby, of sorts. Technology is the new interest I have, participating in TILT (Teachers Intergrating Learning through Technology). This district program gives me the tools to implement technology in my classroom. It brings me such joy to work with children as a teacher. Perhaps the quote by Forest Witcraft states my feelings best, "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
Thank you for joining with me this year in working with your child. I welcome your support as together we lead your child to success this school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment